Pages

B5605: E.colaine goes vintage

I'm aliveeeeee!! 
Sort of I guess, just been super busy with school and some other stuff. Wanted to update and then I found this post I sort of forgot about. 


Pattern: Butterick 6505 View B
Fabric: lightweight cotton from mood (loooong time ago, sorry!)
Listening to: 30 rock reruns (aw yes my fave)

I actually meant to post this a long time ago, but never got around to it. I got super busy and sort of forgot, which is a pretty good summary of this dress. I meant to get more pictures of the design but I already packed it away for winter so I decided to go for it! This is a vintage reproduction pattern and it's super pretty but maybe doesn't suit me that well. I made it with a super lightweight voile from mood, which might be a bit sheet but with the lining and pleats in the skirt it works out. I really liked a lot of the vintage details with this pattern, including some pretty cool skirt pleats which are unfortunately a bit obscured by the large scale print. 


One of the things I meant to get a picture of is the sleeve gussets. They have an interesting diamond gusset for mobility in the sleeves. Maybe it's for the best that I didn't get a picture because I definitely did not do the most amazing job of inserting them! This was a nice vintage detail to get to try though. This dress also comes with pockets!! These pockets are super deep and I have actually uses the pieces a number of times when I wanted to add side seam pockets to something. 





This dress came out pretty nicely but I don't end up wearing it that much. I think I enjoy sewing pretty dresses more than I like wearing them, and I'm trying to be smarter about what I sew being something I want to wear. I know I keep saying it but I really need to bite the bullet and get into making some jeans. I wear jeans almost every day and they never fit me very well off the rack. That being said this was still a pretty fun project and I got to try some new techniques which is a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOOO let the comments flow through you!