Pages

willow tank


Hello!!!

Hot on the heels of my kalle shirt dress post, here is another waste limiting make. This is the willow tank from grainline studios made from the last little pieces of the black tencel from my kalle dress! 



Fabric: leftover black 4.5 oz tencel (mood) from my kalle dress
Listening to: Criminal

After I finished up this top, I think I had a small handful of fabric left! I LOVE when that happens, it makes me feel so efficient!


After I made my Kalle dress I had a little bit of the tencel left, and thought I should make a little top! I love this fabric and I also love using up every last scrap of fabric if I can. I had to cut the back piece in 2 pieces, since I didn't have enough fabric to cut in one. Also, I had to cut one piece on the cross grain, this is much more apparent in these pictures than it is in real life. This is not the end of the world to me, especially with a scrap busting project like this. I actually wanted to make this a bit cropped, though I was a bit limited by fabric as well. But I think this is actually the perfect length for what I was going for with this.  I also just pinked that back seam since this was a quick little make, and finished everything with some navy bias binding I had on hand. I am very happy with how it turned out! I've already washed it several times and it is holding up well.



I mentioned this with the kalle, but the slight sheen of this fabric (which I think is SO pretty) makes it look WAY more wrinkly in these pictures than it is in real life. I have worn this top a bunch of times and I really need to do a FBA if I want to make it again. It's ok if I don't move my arms that much, but after moving a bit the whole shirt rides up a LOT which is sort of annoying, esp since then it catches up in my armpits, potentially getting deodorant on it. I really should do a FBA way more often than I do, I can often get along with choosing patterns drafted for a larger cup and/or wearing a bralette instead of anything with underwire and/or grading to a larger size in the bust since I also have broad shoulders but I need to be better about it because I'm sure things would fit me better, which is sort of the point with sewing my own clothes! Speaking of garments fitting me better....

I really need to get on making my own pants. I have a really hard time finding pants that fit me (slightly curvy and TALL) and have gone too long just wearing whatever works best. WTF is going on with the pocket placement on these guys? I don't normally really look at my butt,  and these pictures are eye opening. My butt is not the roundest but these are not doing me any favors!!! Anyway...


seriously I don't think pants pockets should be fully on the side of your body? What is going on here? dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOOOO let the comments flow through you!